Here are some very important tips that every client should consider prior to your waxing service to ensure an amazing, comfortable waxing experience:
Pre Wax Protocol
- Grow out your hair to 1/4 of an inch long (or the length of a grain of rice)
- Take an ibuprofen to ease the pain.
- DO NOT have any alcohol or caffeine (coffee, tea, soda) less than 24 hours before your service.
- Exfoliate gently the night or morning before your appointment
- Wax at least 3 days before swimsuit time (or any special trip/vacay)
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that’s preferably not black (powder gets everywhere)
- Take a lukewarm shower or bath before your service
Post Wax Protocol
- No sexual activity in the waxed area.
- No saunas, hot tubs, or steam treatments (unless receiving an ingrown hair treatment)
- No extremely hot showers/baths (lukewarm temperature only)
- No swimming pools or lakes
- DO NOT apply deodorants, body sprays, powders, lotions, or other products to the area, other than those recommended by your wax specialist.
Be sure to exfoliate 2-3 times per week and be sure to moisturize your skin daily as well.
Do not shave in between your wax visits; this completely defeats the purpose of your service.
Consistency is key, the more you stay consistent & follow your aftercare properly — you WILL see results.